Chimp Guardian donors like you ensure Tchimpounga’s rescued chimpanzees can live the safe, happy, healthy lives they deserve.
Give the gift of life
Become a Chimp Guardian today
How you can change chimp lives
More than 130 rescued chimpanzees currently call The Jane Goodall Institute’s Tchimpounga Chimpanzee Rehabilitation Center in the Republic of Congo home. Often, these chimpanzees arrive injured, sick, malnourished, and traumatised after being ensnared by the illegal commercial bush meat and exotic pet trades, or victims of habitat loss.
By becoming their Chimp Guardian, you can give orphaned chimps a second chance. With your help, chimpanzees like Anzac, Perrine, and Zeze will receive the love and care they need to flourish.
AS A CHIMP GUARDIAN ($25/MONTH), YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING*:
Chimp Guardian certificate
A bio on your chosen chimp or the sanctuary
Updates about your chosen chimp and Tchimpounga
*To protect our environment, all items will be delivered electronically via email.
YOUR DONATION WILL SUPPORT:
- Keep your chosen chimpanzee in the care of experienced and loving keepers.
- Provide your chimpanzee with the food, medicine and enrichment they need to grow.
- Support research on reintroducing rescued orphans back into wild environments.
- Protect wild chimpanzee populations by working with Congolese communities and governments to address the root causes of the bush meat trade and preserve key habitats.
Chimp Champion: Give a one-off $100 donation*
YOUR DONATION AUD$100* CAN BUY:
- A week’s supply of baby formula for five infant chimpanzees.
- A year’s supply of blankets for sick/special needs chimpanzees.
- A year’s supply of rice balls/soy porridge for seven chimpanzees’ supper.
- 50 kg of bananas/pineapples.
- 40 x 750 ml bottles of peanuts (one of the chimpanzee’s favourite treats)
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Information about the Chimp Guardian program
- Information about Tchimpounga Rehabilitation Centre
- Chimp Champion Certificate
You can make a difference
Help us inspire actions that connect people with animals and our shared environment.